Skip to main content

Farewell DMA, and Farewell KHS

Dear readers,

My last year at Kings High School has been full of many happy moments. From my time spent with Mrs. Shields taking AP DMA, I've learned and progressed tremendously in terms of my digital art, photography, and appreciation for other artists and pieces. I've won awards, attended BPA's National Leadership Conference in California (having placed Top 10 in the nation with my teammates!), and gotten to display my work at the Senior Art Show and ARC Exhibition/Taft Museum down in Cincinnati for others to see. It's been a wild ride, truly. And needless to say, I've loved every second of it.

As the rest of my class and I get ready to graduate in less than two weeks, I wanted to give some words of wisdom to those taking AP DMA next year and those who may be hesitant to pursue art:
Take every moment of your high school career in strides. There will be setbacks, times of creative block, times where nothing you make seems worthy to be viewed - this is normal. I've not met an artist or writer that has never gone through these periods. The best will prevail, and you among them all. So create unapologetically, whatever is on your mind, whatever speaks to you, whatever makes you excited to keep going. Life is short and so is your time in high school. Then you move on to college and into the big world. Don't let your fears or haters bring you down. As the cliche quote from Dr. Suess says, "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

In the fall I will be attending Bowling Green State University to major in Secondary English Education and minor in Spanish. I will continue to create artwork well into the future, and am offering my services for senior pictures to 2020 graduates over the summer. Please email me at sarahgiesy@gmail.com for inquiries, and visit my website to see a full view of my artwork and portfolio! Peace out y'all!

Sincerely,
Sarah Giesy

P.S. Attached are some of my favorite pieces that I've made throughout my high school career.
P.P.S. You can check out my website by clicking here.
IMG_9624.jpgAnna-Claire.jpg

Comments

  1. I've always loved your concentration. I wish you the best of luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.