Skip to main content

Reflecting on Halo Wars

Halo Wars is a Real-Time Strategy game that was released in 2009 by Ensemble Studios. Microsoft had Ensemble publish this side game while the main developers, Bungie, were working on Halo: Reach. The game is usually forgotten about by casual Halo fans due to the fact that it doesn't follow the FPS style of the main series. One of the games greatest accomplishments was expanding the lore of Halo's universe. Prior to the release of Halo Wars, the story was pretty contained in the events that occur in the original Halo trilogy; however, Ensemble Studios succeeds in adding more characters, vehicles, environments, plants, etc. I avoided playing Halo Wars for the longest time. I feared I wouldn't enjoy the game because of how it deviated from the FPS style that was a staple of Halo greatness; however, I figured it was time to actually experience the game and at least appreciate it for what it is. Even though I'm currently only half way through the game, I am thoroughly enjoying it! I still don't believe RTS games are for me, but it feels great to be the leader of these huge battles in a part of this universe I've been obsessed with for years. I think Halo Wars is absolutely worth a shot for those who enjoy RTS games or those who want another Halo game while we wait patiently for Halo Infinite.

Image result for halo wars logo\"

Comments

  1. I've never played Halo Wars but I've played Halo 1-3, ODST, and Reach and I love the games so much they are my childhood and probably in competition for the best series of games ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a big fan of Halo Wars because when I attempted to play it I was never that great. But, that doesn't mean I love playing the Halo series, my favorites being Halo 3 and Halo Reach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to play Halo Wars and I got very bored with the game. It was a very good concept but with Halo Reach coming next I didn't think that this game will compare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Halo wars it was an old childhood game of mine along with Halo reach it was the most fun now the game was never that big but I have always been a nerd for strategy games. To this day I play halo wars and halo wars 2 the multitasking and microing is the best part always know what your opponent will go and how to counter and I do recommend the game if you love strategy games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to play this game with my older brother, It was fun for a little, but then we got sick of it. It was a really cool concept.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.