Skip to main content

Mike Dargas

Mike Dargas is an artist from Germany. He got accepted into art school at a young age and was the only child in his classes. Dargas learned many techniques, and recieved training that led him to master three dimensional art. He also built himself a solid reputation in the tattoo scene and won numerous awards. Dargas is inspired by artist such as Sali, Caravaggio, and HR Giger. Dargas studied many techniques and developed a passion for realism which he narrowed down to hyper-realism. I found him while I was on Instagram. His work really grabbed my attention because it looked like honey was dripped on is models. It made me think about new ways I can approach my sustained investigation about bees.
"The extremely precise technique with oil paint gives, like photography, a snapshot of the moment. Mike studies his subjects with such intensity, that each portrait pictures a profile of increasing intimate closeness. In his portraits, he's not limited to certain types. He paints young and old, beautiful and dark, fragile and strong people. They are lost in their thoughts, show inner conflict or convey a unique or even holy calmness."

Instagram: @mikedargas
Website: https://www.mikedargas.net/shop

Image result for mark dargas Image result for mark dargasImage result for mark dargas shop


Comments

  1. These are really cool pieces of art and I love the approach he took to make you think that there is honey on the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dripping effect he has in each piece. The painting style has a fascination to it that is hard to explain but pulls you in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.