Skip to main content

Concept Art

Recently I picked up an art book for a particular game I had been playing and found it amazing just how much art goes into designing the aesthetic and feel surrounding the game and the characters and where they drew their inspiration from. The book is called The Art of Horizon Zero Dawn and the author is Paul Davies who, strangely, is a Physicist. Over course, the art within the book is by so many other people who were either directly involved with the studio or who were freelance artists. The game itself is made by Guerrilla Studios.
Link to Barnes and Noble overview

Cover


Stormbringer


For More
https://www.candb.com/en/article/144/the-art-of-horizon-zero-dawn.html
When on a school computer and you search this up in images its all blocked.

Comments

  1. These illustrations are super cool! I envy the amount of detail these artists are able to put into their art. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The amount of intricacy Davies put into his designs and how he makes each machine unique is what I loved about this game. I need to play this again...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.