Skip to main content

The Lily Camera... Read this Before You Judge It

If a drone and a GoPro had a baby, you'd get Lily - the worlds first throw-and-shoot camera. Lily is a flying camera for people who are more concerned with getting the perfect shot than piloting a quadcopterThere is no radio controller for the Lily Camera, or at least it's not a typical one with sticks and switches. You just strap on a puck-shaped tracking device.
Using GPS and visual subject tracking, the puck lets Lily know your position, distance and speed so it can keep you in the shot.


Out in front is a built-in camera that uses the same 12-megapixel Sony sensor found in the GoPro HERO3. With 12-megapixel stills, that camera can capture 1080p video at up to 60 frames per second or 720p at 120fps.

       Since the Lily is tethered to the tracker, it has a more limited range than other drones. With a minimum distance of 5 feet from you to a maximum of 100 feet, it can reach a top speed of 25mph.

       Files can be stored to a microSD card into an external slot. The only thing that sucks is that the internal lithium-ion battery is good for only 20 minutes of flight-time and takes 2 hours for a full recharge, and you can't replace it.

       The Lily Camera won't start shipping until February 2016 and will be priced at $999 when it does. Yeah, I know.. It's expensive.. BUT to raise awareness, Lily (the company, not the drone) is running a 29-day preorder campaign letting you pick it up for $500.... 

     I know most of you don't really care and will just scroll past this, but just watch the gosh-dang video please. It's sweet.

Comments

  1. This is so incredible. I'm a little skeptical about functionality and reliability because of the price but if it does what it claims to do this would be such an awesome tool not only to create time based pieces but just recording activities all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so incredible. I'm a little skeptical about functionality and reliability because of the price but if it does what it claims to do this would be such an awesome tool not only to create time based pieces but just recording activities all around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.