Skip to main content

Kylie Gay

Hujambo!


Hey guys, its just me, Kylie. Today I am parting with the blog SO, with that being said i'd like to give some senior advice, for your AP travels. Okay, so this is how it will happen. You sign up all bright eyed and excited about AP. THEN, you get the summer assigmentS hard emphasis on that "S" because there is more than one. Okay, senior confession... I chose to wait until 3 days before the first day of school to do it all.. bad choice. So use the first week of summer to knock it out. Then you can just forget all about it. Next piece of advice; honestly, when Shields tells you to do something, just do it because, she is ALWAYS right its kind of annoying, I know, I dealt with it for two years but, without her I wouldn't have been as successful in my art career here at Kings, just listen to her and seniors, this isn't just for art, this is for college, dating, life decisions and everything few far and between. Next, really take it in when she teaches you matting for the 3rd time in your DMA career because eventually she stops helping and then you're on your own kid when your matting looks like garbage. Next, never let a project go just "so-so" make everyone the best piece you've ever made because if you don't have enough pieces at the end of the year, she just makes you make more, just do it right the first time. Last but not least, just have fun. I'm serious, your AP class is your family and will share so many good memories with you, the thought of leaving makes me so freaking happy because I get to start my life but, I'll always remember the nine people I spent everyday with and the nine people who helped me so much in every step of the way. AP is a fun experience and I don't believe I would have gotten through high school without. Now, I'm supposed to talk about myself and what I'm doing now that I won't be in high school, but to be honest, I am not sure anymore. I want to be a flight attendant. I want to maybe goto college, but for right now, I am focusing on bettering myself and making sure my life is going to be what I want in the long run... so as for what I'm doing, who knows and never let anyone tell you that you need to know what you want to do with the rest of your life by the time you graduate because thats insane, just make sure you're happy in whatever you do. Okay, last and very item of business before I say my farewells, here is my website ; http://kyliemichelle2015.wix.com/wanderlustaspiration
A thing about that, keep up with your website and don't let it slip out of your grasp because when you get really behind it takes you a millennium to get yourself back up to speed. 
Okay folks, I believe that is all. It has been a great ride and thank you, I am getting emotional so I am stopping this here. I am going to miss you guys so much! 
Kwaheri & Kila la kheri!
(Goodbye & goodluck!) 
Today's language is Swahili.
Kylie Gay 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.