Skip to main content

Halo Beyond: Making A Tabletop RPG From Scratch


Halo: Beyond is a tabletop role-playing game with a similar game-based structure to one of the most popular tabletop RPGs, Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition. The idea came about when my friend and I were discussing the common practice used by most DM's of building sets to better visualize the settings of the world. He noted that building sets would be extremely easy and affordable for our group because I could build them with my large collection of LEGOs and action figures. This was the moment I realized that I could potentially create a game similar to D&D built around the Halo franchise. Over the course of a year, I made my own handbook, story, level-up system, classes, weapon statistics, combat system, etc. I finally got to host a game around November of last year. Unfortunately, the amount of sessions we've had is very little because of COVID-19; however, after playing the game for four total sessions, my friends seem to really enjoy the game. I'm not as experienced in tabletop games as some of my friends, but I'm very grateful for their support. 

Comments

  1. That is actually really interesting to hear, I am glad you were able to find a way to make Halo like a D&D style game. I think that is a very neat concept good for you and hope you find more people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.