Skip to main content

Release of the PS5

 Just two days ago, the PS5 was released in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea. The PS5 is Sony's latest addition to its line of gaming consoles, the Play Stations. 

Though it's only been two days since its release, the PS5 has been highly praised for it's GPU setup, supporting 8K resolutions and ray tracing. This makes it so that it's possible for the way light moves/bounces from object to object (particularly reflective surfaces) and the way it refracts through liquids and glass to be mimicked. Thus, PS5 games can exhibit even more realism than before, as lighting and shadows are crucial to making something appear realistic.

Unfortunately, though, we're still waiting to truly see this GPU setup in the works as few (new) PS5 games have been released; many PS5 games won't be released until 2021. Nevertheless, the PS5 can now be purchased, and older games can be experienced in a whole new manner as we await the release of games such as Resident Evil Village, Hitman 3, and Far Cry 6.














Comments

  1. I personally don't use consoles, but seeing such a budget price with 8K capability and really good specs, I am impressed with the PS5 (and the new Xbox Series X). I hope to see some updates to remove some of the bugs and check out some benchmarks to see how much it has improved compared to its previous console(s).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to see this new set of Next-Gen consoles succeed. The Xbox Series X also came out and I want to see some benchmarks to see which console is better. I am super intrigued to see whether consoles will come out on top or if people will switch to PC gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not get a PS5 because I thought it was too expensive and it had no games I liked on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would think that with a company as big as Sony releasing a product with as much hype as the PS5 they would stock up quite a bit since it is being released around the holidays. Seems odd they ran out of stock as soon as it dropped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait for to buy the PS5.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant wait for to buy the PS5.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look really weird though. The graphics are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the ps5 loads everything so quickly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been trying to get this for what feels like forever now and the closest I've gotten was on the PlayStation website I think it may be physically impossible to get.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.