Skip to main content

First impressions of Tyler, The Creator's IGOR

 

Rap/Hip-Hop has never been a genre I would consider myself a huge fan of. I am the kind of kid that listens to all variations of rock and metal. The only two reasons I even considered listening to IGOR were because I had many friends who praised it at the time of release and I knew about Tyler's generally goofy personality online. I knew going to IGOR that I would be stepping outside my sort of musical comfort-zone. When I listen to an album, I listen to all of it in one sitting, as most artists prefer their listeners to do so. After my first listen, I thought the album was good. A couple days passed. I've watched some interviews with Tyler and have been listening to the album more and more. I think it's become clear to me that this is now one of my favorite albums of all time. I love it when albums are designed and arranged in a narrative style that flows well from song to song. I also think music can be much more powerful when the artist opens up about deep, dark emotions that some listeners can relate to. Tyler focuses heavily on these ideas on this LP. On top of that, the music has a lot of variety ranging from dance music like I THINK or headbangers like NEW MAGIC WAND. All in all, I'm very happy I gave this album a shot and I look forward to continuing to broaden my music taste.

Comments

  1. I think it's cool how even though Tyler's music is not your normal go to music, you really enjoyed his albums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite from the album is probably I THINK to be honest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Tyler he has a cool sound. I’m not a fan of all his songs but I prefer him over other artists that fall in to his music category.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time and it puts a new perspective on rap and hip hop music

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.