Skip to main content

Project Runway designer Erin Robertson

Last week, I watched the season finale of one of my favorite shows, Project Runway. I have always been a fan of this show because they push people out of their comfort zone in hopes to expand their imagination and work with the potential they have o create amazing fashion pieces. The winner of season 15, Erin Robertson, was one of my favorite designers the show has ever been because she wasn't afraid to take risks and be herself even if it posed the threat of her going home. A couple times a season, the show does what is called an "avant-garde" challenge which is used o show the judges what new perspectives and ideas on fashion the designers have. Erin, described the term "avant-garde" as wearable art, which I thought was really cool. Here are a few of her avant-garde looks as well as a few of my favorite pieces from her this season. 

 
Episode 11 "Bold Innovation" required the
designers to create an avant-garde look with
unconventional materials, which in this 
case were metals. This was Erin's look and 
she won the challenge.



 
Episode 3 "Black light or Daylight" was my personal favorite 
look of Erin's the entire time she was on the show. She was 
asked to create a day time look that would also glow in the 
dark. In my opinion, she did the best job of avoiding a costume
look and the blue looks so appealing in the black light. 



If you make it to the final 4 contestants on
the show, you are given the opportunity to
present a collection at New York Fashion 
Week. Erin's collection won which also 
made her the winner of the competition. Her
entire collection clearly showed her aesthetic
as a designer and showed that she wasn't 
afraid to be different. The piece of above
was my favorite piece from the entire
collection. I love the contrast of the colors
and the button detailing on the skirt.




Comments

  1. I love using fashion as a form of art, this show is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool that they use art in fashion design

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.