Skip to main content

Farewell, DMA 1

Junior year absolutely kicked my butt. But the one class that kept me from completely losing my mind was DMA. So thank you, Mrs. Barnes. Thank you, DMA bunch. Thank you guys for all of the laughs and all of the weird whiteboard drawings. Thank you for the opportunities I was given in this class. Although some of my favorite work wasn't recognized by Scholastics or Governor's, I'm still pretty darn proud of it. But hey, I got to go to nationals for BPA, and that was pretty neat. Going into this class, I was excited for photography and excited for filmmaking, but dreading animation. I still hate animation. My skills as a photographer and a filmmaker have thoroughly increased, and I guess you could say I'm better at animation than I was in intro. But I still hate it. I went into this class expecting to not take AP senior year, because art wasn't what I wanted to focus on in college. Now, that has changed. I found a love for Illustrator and drawing things myself (although my drawing skills are still sub-par), and I want to continue that into the future. I hope to somehow be able to combine all of my interests in college - those being wildlife conservation, digital art, and spanish. I have no idea if I'll be able to do it, but I sure as heck hope I can. One last huge thank you to Mees Burnes for helping me find myself as an artist and encouraging me to take AP. I'm thoroughly grateful for all of you goobers in our DMA 1 bunch, I'm going to miss all of you that are either graduating or being dummies and not taking AP next year. Here's to senior year!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.