Skip to main content

Animation Inspiration


This is a video game called Inside and it's part of the inspiration for my animation. Inside is a puzzle adventure game developed by Playdead. I've watched the game be played on YouTube and I really enjoyed the eerie mood the style and story gave off. There's no dialog and you are thrown into the game being chased through dark woods and you don't know why. As you play through, the story is reviled, and I think that and the style of the game gives it it's eerie feeling. 
The story of my animation is suppose to be ghostly and eerie starting off so I really gravitated towards Inside's game style for inspiration. I took the idea of the fog, dim lighting, and abandon areas to use in my animation but portrayed in my style. Also, I used Inside's style of gray scale and limited or a single color (my main character) to help portray the eerie feeling.  Overall, I thought this game was really beautifully created and the story is really interesting and I recommend checking it out: Inside.
Example of my animation:


Comments

  1. Can't wait to see how your final animation turns out, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played through the whole prequel to this game Limbo and it was amazing, still need to get around to this one. I can imagine it lives up to the praise. Also your animation is already amazing, I wanna see when its done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played through the whole prequel to this game Limbo and it was amazing, still need to get around to this one. I can imagine it lives up to the praise. Also your animation is already amazing, I wanna see when its done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the style of your animation! I like the contrast between your character and the dark backgrounds. That game sounds super interesting, reminds me of the Portal series. So excited to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avi this is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see your full animation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avi this is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see your full animation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched a full playthrough of this game and it was definitely something to talk about. The contrast between backgrounds and characters was awesome, the thrilling and suspenseful parts of the game causing you sit there on the edge of your seat. Haven't played it myself but I may get around to it. As for your animation, I love it to bits. Super excited to see it when it's done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.