Skip to main content

Ghostly Figures


       In the spirit of Halloween coming up, i thought it would be appropriate to discuss long exposed pictures but with a moving object to give it a "ghostly" figure. The way theses shot are taken are over longer periods of time, compared to you simple quick shot photo. These pictures are exposed over multiple seconds on a stand (so the camera doesn't move) and then they have an element in the picture that is not there for the full exposure. For example the first photo was a picture of a ghostly girl hugging or sister, as it seems. The picture was taken over a multiple second duration, while the little girl ran up and hugged her sister and then ran away during the exposure to give her that ghostly figure. Same with the person putting their hand around the cup and taking them away (in the second photo) and the woman slowly walking down the stairs during the exposure to give the illusion that there are multiple of herself and at the same time giving her that ghostly figure. The last photo was a picture i took on a very dark night, where i set up my camera, on a stand, and i had the picture exposure for at least 15 seconds. I took the picture, and as the shutter was opened a sprinted over to the tree and stood next to it for only about half the time, but it was long enough to keep everything else in detail and show an essence of my body as a ghostly figure.

Comments

  1. Very cool! As someone who loves ghosts, this provides very interesting inspo for future projects... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually just finished the double exposure project in AP so this is cool to see! I like the unique take these pieces have!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.