Skip to main content

Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

I just finished watching ATLA and LOK since they came out on Netflix. Rewatching Avatar was like watching it for the first time again. However, it was my first time watching Korra the whole way through. I had mixed feelings about it at first but it grew on me and I really enjoyed the series. Both shows are now some of my all-time favorites. I have grown to love the art style that is used in those shows. The final Agni-Kai scene in The Last Airbender is truly a masterpiece, and the spirit world in Korra is a real stunning visual. Both shows have really powerful messages for being "kids shows" (no I do not think the avatar series is an anime) which is another reason why I love it so much (thank you Iroh)

Which show do you like better: Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of  Korra? - Quora

Comments

  1. I've heard a lot of mixed stuff about Korra, but I've been told that it's a lot better if you view it as its own thing, rather than comparing it to ATLA. Do you agree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Korra is still a very good show, but it is hard to make something as good or better than ATLA.

      Delete
  2. I have never watched ATLA or Korra, but i've seen clips of them, and they look great! I just need Netflix, are there any other places I could find the series without netflix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than off of a pirated website I think you can only watch it off of Netflix

      Delete
  3. I started Avatar recently. I'm liking it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the original Avatar The Last Airbender more than Legend of Kora.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to watch it, just can never find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched ATLA as a kid but I don’t think I truly appreciated it for how great it is until i rewatched it over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched these before they came out on netflix and they are some of the best shows ive ever seen. ATLA was a lot better but Korra was special in its own way. I feel like they focused more on the action in Korra than the story, while ATLA focused mainly on the story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.