Skip to main content

Amazon Headquarters in Seattle

I went to Seattle over break with my family, and while we were there we checked out the new Amazon Go store and the Amazon headquarters called the Spheres.
The Amazon Go store is basically a Whole Foods where you can just walk in, pick stuff up, and walk out (charges go to your prime account). It's a cool futuristic concept, and if you want to look up more on how it works you can do so here, but what I really want to talk about is the Spheres. As tourists, we were only allowed on the first floor, but we learned that their main focus was the environment and they drew all of their architectural inspiration from forests (because Amazon). The whole office grows so many plants it could double as a greenhouse - even the walls are alive! Since our focus for the knight of innovation booth relates to the environment, I thought maybe we could take inspiration from nature as well. Below are some images of what it looks like, along with the Go store:
Image result for seattle amazon store
Image result for seattle amazon
Related image
Image result for seattle amazon

Comments

  1. I have always heard of the Amazon Go store and am super jealous that you were lucky enough to see it in person. It's a really cool concept and I had absolutely no clue about the spheres. I hope I can go see them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon is really an amazing company. I love the idea of not having to wait in line to buy items, and the architecture of the Spheres are beautiful. They remind of something that you would see at Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very fascinating. I will be going to Seattle this June and I would love to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the innovative architecture that draws your interest with just one glance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.