Skip to main content

What is "Chillwave" Music?

Stumbleine is a musical artist classified as being part of the "chillwave movement." A genre of music that is fairly new to artists because of advances with music editing software that makes it easier to make these kind of sounds. Sounds that gives you the "chills" while you ride on a mystical "wave" on a 1,000 year old sea turtle and his 100,000 year old father next to his immortal unicorn mother as the sun sets far off in uncharted territory. That's probably the best way to describe this genre. A very distinct genre. It's now easy for listeners to also distinguish between psychedelic and chillwave music because of this huge advance in music.


                                     The album cover for Stumbline's most recent EP "The Night Before"

The main reason I'm blogging about this artist is they've done interesting things that I've never seen done before. One was that she came out with a "mixtapes" album that featured only three songs, but ended up being an hour long total. That's almost 20 minutes per song. Very interesting the way they were all put together. It was her remixes on about 12 songs, times three and thrown together on an album. Pretty original if you ask me.

The second thing is that if you buy or download an album of hers online, which is the only place you can do it, each song comes with its own album cover that is a piece of her artwork that follows the mood and story of each song.

Most of her music is free or very cheap to purchase, so I would defiantly recommend this artist to a friend. ENJOY :D

Here are two links to her music if you would like a listen:
http://stumbleine.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/stumbleineuk/



Comments

  1. As i listened to this... very good by the way, i got the vibe that i was "chilling" upon a giant 18 foot tiger as we rode on the aurora "waves" of the night sky to an imaginative land of roaming mountain ranges, giant flowers, and an island of a thousand dreams that floated above the water as it basked in the crystal rays of the sapphire sun. There i grasped hands with the giant tiger as he took me into a even further world beyond this magical land where all reality is bent and yet seemed so much more clear and vivid then what we perceive in our lives on earth. As i closed my eyes in this distant illusion i was brought into a stage of wonder and discovery where my senses pulsed in such a satisfying way, everything felt soft like the clouds over the evening ocean, i could see the universe in the palm of my hands, i could smell the pureness of the air, and could taste the crisp innovation that created this foreign feeling in the depths of my mind. I felt so far from home yet inside my home at the same time. Once i finally understood all the truth to mankind's lies i was pulled by the tiger back to reality where all my discoveries were placed into memory and then repressed to dreams, where i would again rejoice with the tiger.. dibs on that for a film idea by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.