Skip to main content

Us

Image result for us jordan peele bad shot

Image result for us jordan peele bad shot

Image result for us jordan peele shot

Two weeks ago, I saw the film "Us" directed by Jordan Peele. I saw it multiple times, and each time I thoroughly enjoyed the story and was very impressed by the shots. The use of red to make the shots cohesive was impressive. This monochromatic color scheme is similar to the use of blue in Peele's directorial debut, "Get Out." One shot that I was not impressed by was towards the end of the movie. The point of the shot was to have a close up of a face, all while someone is seen standing behind them over their shoulder. The intention was both people to be in focus. They used a green screen to accomplish this, and it was sloppy and poorly executed. You could see a grey outline on the outside of the close up face. I understood the intention of the shot was to be able to see the motion and reaction of both characters simultaneously, but the execution was poor.

Comments

  1. I love a movie that puts me deep in thought after the fact. This was for sure one of those movies. Jordan Peele has a way of telling a story in a way that offers so many new ideas and perspectives to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie is so far one of the best I've seen this year! I love Jordan Peele and what he brings to the horror genre. The way he is able to mix message and entertainment is awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan Peele is fantastic. I have yet to see "Us", but I loved "Get Out".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.