Skip to main content

National Scholastic Art & Writing Results



1 of the 8 works in Jerod Allen's "Genesis" Portfolio
Congratulations to the following KHS Visual Art Students who recently earned national recognition in the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards.  This year The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards received over 230,000 submissions, Only 1% received National recognition. National Medalists are celebrated at world-famous Carnegie Hall in New York City on May 31.  

"Coffee" by Lauren Lalli
Jerod Allen       Genesis           Art Portfolio Silver Medal
Lauren Lalli coffee               Painting         Gold Medal
Sam Huber U.S.A. Made    Photography Creativity & Citizenship Scholarship

"U.S.A Made" by Sam Huber
Sam Huber was one of 3 students selected to receive the $1000 Creativity & Citizenship Award.  This award is given to young artists and writers who take on a topical and important theme chosen by the Alliance and their partners at the National Constitution Center. This year students were asked to creatively express their views on the importance of Voting

    Comments

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    Last Blog Post

    This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

    Eyes are the Window to the Soul

    This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

    The Art Of Trevor Henderson

    Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.