Skip to main content

Film School Application Videos



In class the other day, I had finished my project early so naturally, I went online and started looking at application videos students had sent to highly prestigious schools like USC, NYU, LMU, and many more. After looking at many similar videos for about 40 minutes or so, I stumbled across this one. I was immediately engaged when it started because of the mystery and suspense building in it, starting with the voice over. Towards the end of the video, I was practically in tears because of the emotion portrayed in it. Although it wasn't based on a true story, the story was still very realistic and spoke to me on a whole other level. The artist who created the video was accepted to all the schools he applied to, and it is very clear to me why. If you have time, I would highly suggest giving it a watch and letting me know what you think! I promise you won't regret it.



Set Me Free from NewEyecon on Vimeo.

Comments

  1. The concept of this video is very captivating. I enjoy watching these application videos because it helps give me an idea of what colleges are expecting. The VFXs are pretty impressive for a high school student and the video was very pleasing to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video was so good. I like how they took a real plot but added a fantasy idea to it. Also, I think the creator's use of effects really made the video so much more professional.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

IMPRESSED BUT YOU CAN DO MORE Apple......

FOR THE UNINFORMED: Mrs. Shields may kill me for how long this post to the blog is, but she can deal with it :P Alright... I just want to state that I love Apple to death and get that out of the way but I AM GOING TO RANT for a little. Apple introduced the new "iPad Air" to the world today, among other things. The starting price for a 16GB silver OR black iPad Air is $499, and if you want 8x the storage with the 128GB version, it'll set you back $799. To put that into perspective, if you were to buy a 2.3GHz Mac Mini that has a quad core Intel Core i7 (the fastest processor Intel makes, starting at the i3, i5, and then the i7), 4GB of DDR3 ram, and a 1TB hard drive, it'll set you back $799. So you can buy a pretty very good Mac computer (I have one at home but better haha) or a new iPad. Anyways....  The iPad Air weights only A pound (yes one pound), is only 7.5 millimeters thick (Apple advertises that by saying 7.5 millimeters THIN), has a 9.7...

Mad Max: Fury Road - Storyboard to Screen

One of my favorite films is Mad Max: Fury Road. There is practically no dialogue in the entire movie, so when George Miller sat down to write the film, he decided that it would be better to hire a team of people to storyboard his vision. Script to Screen is a Twitter page that compares the film to its screenplay, but here the storyboards from Fury Road are compared to the scenes, and it is so fascinating to watch.