Skip to main content




Hi all, Katrina Kessler here. I thought that today I would share another one of my favorite artists with you, Carne Griffiths. His work is mostly always of the human form and he uses colors that usually give off more of a cool tone. All of his subjects are beautiful and he often mixes other elements into his art, like nature. The loose lines and dripping/splattered paint give it a very quick and unrefined feeling, but that's not a bad thing at all. Parts of the people are also left unfinished or uncolored a lot of the time and the lines are all very thin, which is another element that I love about his work.

Here's his website... check it out for inspiration!
------> http://www.carnegriffiths.com/#!carne-griffiths-gallery/cjg9

Comments

  1. I love this too. The amount of detail in each piece is crazy. But I love how there are also parts of each that lack detail. And the color scheme is extremely appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so freaking cool!!! The contrast in detail and lack of detail in each piece is so cleverly done. The dripping paint, loose lines, and interesting choices in color give off a mystical/ creepy vibe to me, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how he uses the dripping paint effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each piece is so unique, I love how in some areas the artist was very particular with detail and in other areas there may just be an outline with little detail or an unfinished feel to it. It really balances each piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

Eyes are the Window to the Soul

This self-taught photographer takes pictures of the reflection in peoples eyes.  And no this is not Photoshopped.   https://www.demilked.com/eye-reflection-wedding-photography-eyescapes-peter-adams-shawn/

The Art Of Trevor Henderson

Hello everyone! today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Instagram artists, Trevor Henderson! The reason why I like Trevor Henderson's art is that I really like how disturbing and creepy is art is. Here are a few examples of some of his art.