Skip to main content

Amazing Freelance Photojournalist Kristen Luce

                                          Kristen Luce

Kristen Luce is a freelance photojournalist in New York City. She is one of my favorite photographers at the moment. She has been published in the well known New York Times, People and The Washington Post, and National Geographic. I first saw her work in National Geographic. This picture of fireflies is what made me fall in love with her work.

Most of her work is over Mexico, especially border control. Which is SO cool! Just look at this!
For more about Kristen Luce here is her website:http://www.kirstenluce.com/home 

Comments

  1. The last one has a really interesting perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what danger she puts herself in to capture those photos. That's dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first photo! It looks like its from some kind of fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first and second photo. The first one however is my favorite because the movement captured is amazing. I am able to put myself in the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

IMPRESSED BUT YOU CAN DO MORE Apple......

FOR THE UNINFORMED: Mrs. Shields may kill me for how long this post to the blog is, but she can deal with it :P Alright... I just want to state that I love Apple to death and get that out of the way but I AM GOING TO RANT for a little. Apple introduced the new "iPad Air" to the world today, among other things. The starting price for a 16GB silver OR black iPad Air is $499, and if you want 8x the storage with the 128GB version, it'll set you back $799. To put that into perspective, if you were to buy a 2.3GHz Mac Mini that has a quad core Intel Core i7 (the fastest processor Intel makes, starting at the i3, i5, and then the i7), 4GB of DDR3 ram, and a 1TB hard drive, it'll set you back $799. So you can buy a pretty very good Mac computer (I have one at home but better haha) or a new iPad. Anyways....  The iPad Air weights only A pound (yes one pound), is only 7.5 millimeters thick (Apple advertises that by saying 7.5 millimeters THIN), has a 9.7...

Mad Max: Fury Road - Storyboard to Screen

One of my favorite films is Mad Max: Fury Road. There is practically no dialogue in the entire movie, so when George Miller sat down to write the film, he decided that it would be better to hire a team of people to storyboard his vision. Script to Screen is a Twitter page that compares the film to its screenplay, but here the storyboards from Fury Road are compared to the scenes, and it is so fascinating to watch.