Skip to main content

Farewell DMA

Farewell Kings High School, and farewell DMA. As I look back at the last 4 years I am so glad that I decided to be a part of the DMA program. It has taught me many lessons and has given me many experiences that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Taking AP DMA has strengthened my skills as an artist, but more importantly has strengthened my confidence as an artist. The DMA program as a whole has taught me to never give up on pursuing your dreams, this course has the potential to show what can come from an eager mind and a strive to create. Next year I will be attending the DAAP program at the University of Cincinnati to study Industrial Design, a perfect mix of my love for art and my love for engineering. 

See more of my work here: https://tmj0516.wixsite.com/jamiesonportfolio
"Never settle for less than your dreams, somewhere, sometime, someday, somehow, you'll find them"

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very heart warming and inspirational post! Thanks for sharing your digital media journey. Good luck and have fun in college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! Good luck in the DAAP program next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your experience. It's nice to hear that someone else likes this program as much as myself and is even striving to create a career out of it. Good luck at UC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

IMPRESSED BUT YOU CAN DO MORE Apple......

FOR THE UNINFORMED: Mrs. Shields may kill me for how long this post to the blog is, but she can deal with it :P Alright... I just want to state that I love Apple to death and get that out of the way but I AM GOING TO RANT for a little. Apple introduced the new "iPad Air" to the world today, among other things. The starting price for a 16GB silver OR black iPad Air is $499, and if you want 8x the storage with the 128GB version, it'll set you back $799. To put that into perspective, if you were to buy a 2.3GHz Mac Mini that has a quad core Intel Core i7 (the fastest processor Intel makes, starting at the i3, i5, and then the i7), 4GB of DDR3 ram, and a 1TB hard drive, it'll set you back $799. So you can buy a pretty very good Mac computer (I have one at home but better haha) or a new iPad. Anyways....  The iPad Air weights only A pound (yes one pound), is only 7.5 millimeters thick (Apple advertises that by saying 7.5 millimeters THIN), has a 9.7...

Mad Max: Fury Road - Storyboard to Screen

One of my favorite films is Mad Max: Fury Road. There is practically no dialogue in the entire movie, so when George Miller sat down to write the film, he decided that it would be better to hire a team of people to storyboard his vision. Script to Screen is a Twitter page that compares the film to its screenplay, but here the storyboards from Fury Road are compared to the scenes, and it is so fascinating to watch.