Skip to main content

Scholastic Art & Writing Regional Results

Daniel Walton Digital Art The Streets of Cincinnati
Congratulation to the following KHS Visual Art Students who recently earned recognition at the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards.  
Zoe Rodriguez Photography Pelirroja

Daniel Walton  Photography The Falls
The exhibition is across the street in the RiverCenter Office Building 100 RiverCenter Blvd. Covington, KY  41011 and will remain open until 10 pm following the ceremony. The work will be on exhibition from February 3 -17. Opening Night Friday, February 3, 2012  (5 to 9 pm)  Saturdays & Sundays  (noon to 5 pm)  Monday - Friday (9 to noon & 4 to 8 pm)

Gold Keys  
The highest level of achievement on the regional level. Approximately 7 – 10% of all regional submissions are recognized with Gold Key Awards and all are considered for national-level recognition.

Danni Miller Comic Art Lillia and the Saphire Horseman
Daniel Walton Digital Art The Streets of Cincinnati
Bailey Vermette Drawing Paint This World
Lauren Lalli  Painting milk
Kyle Cantrell Photography clouds contrast
Emily Douglass  Photography Family Bible
Veronica Meza  Photography Untitled
Zoe Rodriguez Photography pelirroja
Daniel Walton  Photography The Falls
Kevin Butler  Digital Art Urban Ivy
Silver Keys
Approximately 10 – 15% of all regional submissions are recognized with Silver Key Awards.

Kevin Butler  Digital Art Urban Ivy
Joey Meenach  Digital Art Tag Your It
Courtney Herald  Film & Animation Mykonos
Danielle Albers Photography Missing
Danielle Albers  Photography Found
Joey Meenach  Digital Art Tag Your It

Honorable Mention
This Award recognizes students with artistic potential. Approximately 15 – 20% of all regional submissions receive Honorable Mention Awards.

Taylor Reece  Architecture Eli's Haunted House
Betsy Toadvine Design Nelsonville Music Festival Poster
Kyle Cantrell Digital Art Distressed Factory
Matt Liebowitz  Digital Art Shadows of the Negev
Kelly Madison Digital Art Kelly Cat Drawing
Abbey Gillott  Mixed Media Untitled
Lauren Lalli  Painting funfunfun
Elena Leo Painting Elena
Jerod Allen  Photography in control
Emily Douglass Photography Even My Reflection
Emily Douglass Photography A Spine Tells a Story
Kelly Madison  Photography Seagull Bird
Kelly Madison Photography Molly Dog
Kelly Madison  Photography Rooster
Paul Rooney  Photography vents


Kelly Madison  Photography Seagull Bird
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards is the longest-running, most prestigious recognition program for creative teens in the U.S., and the largest source of scholarships for young artists and writers.  The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards have an impressive legacy dating back to 1923 and a noteworthy roster of past winners including Andy Warhol, Sylvia Plath, Truman Capote, Richard Avedon, Robert Redford and Joyce Carol Oates. You can see all the regional results at http://kidzartmachine.blogspot.com/ 
Matt Liebowitz  Digital Art Shadows of the Negev

Kelly Madison Photography Molly Dog

Paul Rooney  Photography vents

Kelly Madison Digital Art Kelly Cat Drawing

Kelly Madison  Photography Rooster


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

IMPRESSED BUT YOU CAN DO MORE Apple......

FOR THE UNINFORMED: Mrs. Shields may kill me for how long this post to the blog is, but she can deal with it :P Alright... I just want to state that I love Apple to death and get that out of the way but I AM GOING TO RANT for a little. Apple introduced the new "iPad Air" to the world today, among other things. The starting price for a 16GB silver OR black iPad Air is $499, and if you want 8x the storage with the 128GB version, it'll set you back $799. To put that into perspective, if you were to buy a 2.3GHz Mac Mini that has a quad core Intel Core i7 (the fastest processor Intel makes, starting at the i3, i5, and then the i7), 4GB of DDR3 ram, and a 1TB hard drive, it'll set you back $799. So you can buy a pretty very good Mac computer (I have one at home but better haha) or a new iPad. Anyways....  The iPad Air weights only A pound (yes one pound), is only 7.5 millimeters thick (Apple advertises that by saying 7.5 millimeters THIN), has a 9.7...

Mad Max: Fury Road - Storyboard to Screen

One of my favorite films is Mad Max: Fury Road. There is practically no dialogue in the entire movie, so when George Miller sat down to write the film, he decided that it would be better to hire a team of people to storyboard his vision. Script to Screen is a Twitter page that compares the film to its screenplay, but here the storyboards from Fury Road are compared to the scenes, and it is so fascinating to watch.