Skip to main content

I Stop the Fire


Today, May 17th, is National Cyber Safety Awareness day.  It is our pleasure to announce that “I Stop the Fire” created by Hunter Doebereiner, Jordan Danko and Nick Squires has been selected as one of the top 15 films in the nation for The Great American NO BULL Challenge, the largest, youth-led national campaign and video contest in America that tackles cyberbullying at the teen level.   The film features the acting talents of Taylor Reece, Lauren Abernathy, Derek Preston, as well as Mrs. Delehanty-Koening and Mr. Burnside.
The 15 nominees were selected by a panel of esteemed judges including Dr. Oz, Lee Hirsch, Filmmaker and Director of the film “BULLY,”  and Ann Shoket, Editor-In-Chief, Seventeen Magazine, just to name a few.
 The 15 nominees will be commended at the first annual 2012 Teen Video Awards Red Carpet Show on July 21st in San Francisco.  All of the nominees hard work, dedication and courage will be celebrated with music, VIP meet and greet, live entertainment and live award announcements for 8 of the talented teen filmmakers, while having their video introduced to the world.  Celebrities, music lovers, top teen filmmakers, educators, youth and industry leaders from across the country will gather to celebrate the combination of making a difference and the magic of filmmaking.  Prizes for the eight winning films range from a $10k video production deal to scholarships, laptops, iPad’s, video cameras and a trip to the Sundance Film Festival.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog Post

This is my last blog post for my senior year, so I'd like to say that I am so glad I took DMA classes throughout high school. I've learned so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without my experiences in the classes. I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design this coming fall and I couldn't be more excited. I'm thinking about majoring and working in the film industry, however, I will be pursuing all and any forms of art in the future as well. From a fellow artist: take the opportunities that you are given and work hard doing what you love. The Artist Ceremony digital painting from AP DMA See my other work on my website:  https://avidipasquale16.wixsite.com/myportfolio/

IMPRESSED BUT YOU CAN DO MORE Apple......

FOR THE UNINFORMED: Mrs. Shields may kill me for how long this post to the blog is, but she can deal with it :P Alright... I just want to state that I love Apple to death and get that out of the way but I AM GOING TO RANT for a little. Apple introduced the new "iPad Air" to the world today, among other things. The starting price for a 16GB silver OR black iPad Air is $499, and if you want 8x the storage with the 128GB version, it'll set you back $799. To put that into perspective, if you were to buy a 2.3GHz Mac Mini that has a quad core Intel Core i7 (the fastest processor Intel makes, starting at the i3, i5, and then the i7), 4GB of DDR3 ram, and a 1TB hard drive, it'll set you back $799. So you can buy a pretty very good Mac computer (I have one at home but better haha) or a new iPad. Anyways....  The iPad Air weights only A pound (yes one pound), is only 7.5 millimeters thick (Apple advertises that by saying 7.5 millimeters THIN), has a 9.7...

Mad Max: Fury Road - Storyboard to Screen

One of my favorite films is Mad Max: Fury Road. There is practically no dialogue in the entire movie, so when George Miller sat down to write the film, he decided that it would be better to hire a team of people to storyboard his vision. Script to Screen is a Twitter page that compares the film to its screenplay, but here the storyboards from Fury Road are compared to the scenes, and it is so fascinating to watch.